Renting an RV is one of the best ways to travel if you and your family are really wanting to experience the journey as part of your time away. It’s safe, easy, and cost-effective to help you create a wonderful vacation that will leave memories for a lifetime. Finding an RV to rent can seem like a daunting task; however, it doesn’t have to be something that seems unattainable!
What are the benefits of renting an RV?
- You’ll be able to travel well, as if you were already an experienced RV traveler, when you rent from someone who is seasoned.
- It’s also a very personal way to travel! You can find any kind of RV and rent for any length of time. Customize your vacations!
- There are great insurance packages for any traveler. We partner with Liberty Mutual and Lloyd’s of London to bring the best leading protection in the industry.
- You’ll save money! Renting an RV for travel is the cheapest way to see and experience the United States, which allows for more trips with those you love.
- We offer customer support and service twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week!
Rent an RV in United States
- Rent an RV Alabama
- Rent an RV Arkansas
- Rent an RV Indiana
- Rent an RV New Jersey
- Rent an RV Louisiana
- Rent an RV Maryland
- Rent an RV Michigan
- Rent an RV Ohio
Rent an RV guide
Here is a detailed guide to the benefits of renting an RV, how actually rent the RV, getting coverage with offered insurance companies, and what the insurance will cover.
RV Renters Insurance
Our partnerships work with some of the world’s finest insurance companies to protect both RV owners and renters; these companies include Liberty Mutual, Aviva, Generali, and Lloyd’s of London. Anyone traveling in any country and is renting an RV, no matter if they are from the United States or an international location, can rely on Liberty Mutual to provide insurance protection for them. There are offices stationed worldwide to partner with us in our mission to give great insurance packages to best serve our surrounding community.
We chose these partners as they align well with our ideals and goals:
- Act with integrity
- Provide a wonderful customer experience
- Constantly improving
- Execute thoroughly
- Seek excellence
Unfortunately, there are the occasional accidents and mishaps that can happen on the road. In the event of any accident, you don’t need to worry! Some of the various incidents that the insurance will cover include:
- Backup Accidents
- Stolen RVs
- Power Surges
- Down Trees
- Animal Impacts
If your RV is from or you are traveling through Canada:
Park and Trailer model RVs are covered throughout the whole country, but motorized RVs are only covered in Alberta, Quebec, and Ontario.
- Legal responsibility for injury, damage, or death up to $5,000,000/incident
- APD up to your vehicle’s cash value
- Damage to the vehicle that’s insured, including attached or detached trailers
- Tire and windshield protection
- Roadside Assistance 24/7
- Legal Advice and Service
If your RV is from or you are traveling in Australia:
- Loss or injury to the vehicle, up to $150,000/incident
- Transportation for Renters post-incident
- Vehicle transportation or towing if the vehicle breaks down
- Legal responsibility for injury, damage, or death up to $35,000,000/incident
- Coverage for tires and windshield
Outdoorsy protect RV owners and cover everything, ranging from Class A Motorhomes all the way to pop-up campers. They offer coverage for any kind of motorhome or RV, including Class A, B, and C motorhomes, conventional traveling trailers, Airstreams, fifth wheel travel trailers, campers, trucks, pop-ups, toy haulers, and many other custom or specialty RVs.
In the United States, our liability insurance comes from Liberty Mutual. You can rest assured knowing that your RV is covered against any physical damage, up to its value in cash. As an RV owner, you are offered coverage of $1,000,000 in liability insurance protection.
How to File Claims
Accidents happen, no matter how hard we may try to avoid them. However, in the event of an accident, our hardworking claims team can easily help you get back to your traveling as soon as possible. To begin filing your claims, just log into your dashboard on our website and go to the “Booking Details” page. Look down to the “Protection” portion and hit “Start Your Claim” to begin submitting a statement.
Claims ought to be submitted no later than two days after the end of your booking. When a claim gets submitted, one of our claims workers will then reach out to you personally to help you throughout the process.
What is the $1,000,000 Insurance Program?
They provide coverage for the safety of their owners and renters all over the world. The $1,000,000 Insurance protection package covers you, the vehicle, and each approved renter in case of any accidents. You can rent your RV without worries knowing that our insurance policies have you well covered. You are also covered if your RV sustain any physical damage in a crash or other accident while being rented up to your vehicle’s cash value (maximum of $500,000).
The insurance packages feature levels of deductibles, which are dependent on your rented vehicle’s value. The renter is the party responsible for the deductible, which can be from $1,500 to $3,000. These represent the Physical Damage and the Comprehensive & Collision plans should a damage claim occur.
Covered vehicles here include, but are not limited to: camper vans, RVs, non-mobile “destination campers,” stationary trailers, fifth wheels, vintage trailers, park models, truck campers, conversion vans, towing vehicles, VW camper vans, and Westfalias.
What are the included motorized vehicles?
- Vans, Class A, B, C, and Tow vehicles
- Motorized vehicles must be model year 2000 or newer. Vehicles that were made earlier may be approved with a waiver.
- Towing vehicles must be model year 2000 or newer, with no more than 150,000 miles.
What are the included travel trailer vehicles?
There are no year restrictions on fifth wheels, park models, trailers, or travel trailers.
What are the included vintage vehicles?
Older VW vans, Westfalias, and trailers are covered with our Vintage Insurance Plan for both Comprehensive & Collision and Liability packages. There is no restriction on model year; however, all vehicles have to pass annual mechanical inspections for safety.
If the rental also includes a towing vehicle, the towing vehicle must be model year 2000 or newer and have no more than 150,000 moles on the odometer. It must be registered, as well as in safe condition to be driven.
Note: the vehicle is required to be listed on your registered platform to be given qualifying insurance.
Does insurance cover motorized vehicles older than the model year 2000?
Liability insurance does not, but Comprehensive & Collision insurance does. Our insurance covers these vehicles’ value, with a maximum amount of $75,000. Each vehicle has to be certified through the platform.
All owners should complete the form, which is located under the “Insurance” tab while editing their listing.
Alternatively, they could apply during the “Publishing Your Listing Process.”
Does insurance cover travelers to Canada or Mexico?
Vehicles traveling into Canada are under Liberty Mutual; vehicles that come from Canada are insured under Aviva. Please speak with the RV owner before you drive the vehicle over the border to Canada, as the owner will have the final decision on if it is permissible or not. Our insurance company does not insure rental vehicles that travel into Mexico.
Are international travelers allowed to rent RVs?
Absolutely! They are also covered by our insurance! This is especially popular with international travelers as it allows for a more unique RV experience that they wouldn’t get from ordinary RV renting companies. Both domestic and international qualified renters are covered for renting in the US and Canada. Mexico is not a covered region.
To be qualified for coverage, all International renters have to complete a DMV check through the account that is registered, which requires an international driving permit (IDP) as well as a valid passport. An IDP can be obtained in less than now day in the majority of European countries.
The time needed for an International DMV check can be anywhere from one to a few days. After you request a booking, we’ll let you know the status of your verification process and the driving record check to both the owner and renter. There is a 3% transaction fee that is added to both the rental total and the security deposit amount when you’re using a payment card that is issued outside of the country you’re renting in. The US government doesn’t allow us to insure renters from countries where business relationships have been precluded, including Syria, North Korea, and any other country in support of terrorism or terrorist activities.
Should you have any questions regarding international coverage or renting outside of the country, do not hesitate to reach Outdoorsy’s support after you register your account.
What is included in Roadside Assistance Coverage?
The 24/7 roadside assistance is tailored to your RV vacation needs.
- Towing: this includes towing the rented RV to the closest repair garage to fix the disabled vehicle’s
mechanical issues. Winch out or necessary extractions for towing the vehicle are covered for one
truck, one man, up to 100 feet off a maintained road or located in a commercial campground that is equipped for camping vehicles. Any labor or parts costs are handled by the renter or ealer/rental
- Jump Starts: jump-starting the RVs dead battery or towing to a repair garage. Any replacement battery costs or labor are handled by the renter or dealer/rental company.
- Mobile Tire Assistance: chancing tires or towing the RV to a repair garage. Tire replacements
themselves aren’t covered.
- Locksmith/Lockout Services: delivery of locksmith’s services to the RV and assistance in opening the RV/getting a replacement key. Costs of key replacement, as well as parts/labor are handled by the renter or dealer/rental company.
- Fuel/Emergency Fluid Delivery: delivering these to the RV, except where prohibited by law. Emergency fluids include: oil, gasoline, water, power steering fluid, transmission fluid, and brake fluid, as needed to fix the disablement. All fluid cost/labor costs are handled by the renter or dealer/rental company.
- Mobile mechanic: dispatching/paying for the service call to a mobile mechanic to the disabled RVs location. All labor/parts costs are handled by the renter or dealer/rental company.
24/7 RV Hotline for Technical Support
This is a dispatch center that comes with 24/7 technical help from ASE-certified technicians that are trained to assist with technical diagnosis and first level instructions, with basic troubleshooting and frequent operational problems, such as:
- Using retracting aside outs
- Using leveling jacks
- Connecting to a power source
- Operating RV appliances
- Locating the closest service garage
Personal On-Trip Services
This is similar to a personal assistant that helps to handle errands and locate the best places to go while you’re traveling.
Looking for a great restaurant? They’ve got you covered!
- Reservations at restaurants
- Referrals for RV Campgrounds
- Ticket Coordination for music, theater, or sports events
- Locating Services for hospitals, pharmacies, or emergency care
There is so much more information to be discovered when you register with an account on Outdoorsy’s platform!
Presented by TravellBuzz